Banana Cake Recipe
Most often, we have overripe bananas in our fridge. If so, do not just throw them. You may bake them into a banana cake or sometimes called banana bread. This is well loved by many and can be found sold in various bakeries around the globe. I think, every race or nationality knows and likes to eat banana cake for dessert or snacks with coffee or tea.
In this home-baked banana cake recipe, I made sure not to mash the banana long time as I want to taste some bits and pieces when eating. Also, you should also mash the banana prior to adding into batter so as not to make the bananas oxidize causing browning reactions.
1 cup ripe bananas (about 4 pcs medium sized), mashed
1 cup sugar
2 pieces eggs
100 g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp teaspoon salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the flour with salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream the butter with sugar and eggs. Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients evenly with the wet mixture.
- Mash the bananas only before adding into the mixture so as to prevent oxidation or browning.
- Fold the mashed bananas into the batter.
- Grease the 8×4 inch loaf pan and pour the mixture inside.
- Bake for 40 +/- 5 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool for few minutes before removing the banana cake from the pan.
- Allow to completely cool on a rack before packing.