Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
I’ve been baking carrot cake at home for quite some time now. I thought of once again to bake another one this time on a ma‘a salama party for a friend here in Riyadh. I just hope they really liked it.
Here is the recipe I used.
1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar (brown sugar/white sugar)
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup low fat milk
1-1/2 cups grated carrots
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
- Mix all dry ingredients together except walnuts, grated carrots and raisins.
- Mix all wet ingredients as well.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients until evenly distributed and do not over mix.
- Fold in the grated carrots, nuts and raisins.
- Pour into 12×12 inch baking pan, evenly greased or with wax paper line.
- Bake in 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool before putting the frosting.
1 bar (225 g) unsalted butter
2 bar (170 g) cream cheese
1 tsp liquid vanilla
1 box (453 g) confectioners sugar
Keep the butter and cream cheese at room temperature for bout 1 hour.
Combine the butter with cream cheese using a wire whip.
Sift the confectioners sugar before adding to the butter/cream cheese mixture. Add gradually until desired sweetness is achieve.