Cook as You Want Sausage Macaroni Baked
If you want to innovate your macaroni, why not add your favorite sausage in it. Here’s one recipe that is easy to prepare whenever you want a variation from your usual pasta spaghetti.
We had some spare cooked macaroni inside the refrigerator from a recent meal – some was made into macaroni salad. And there was a favorite sausage leftover as well – so the idea to cook sausage macaroni came up. It is a simple idea, but mix and matching what you have inside your refrigerator can save you throwing soiled leftovers.
Too bad, I wasn’t able to take exact measurements of the ingredients. All I wanted that time was a speedy cooking – not wanting to spend much time in the kitchen. Good thing I was able to shoot some images at the time of cooking and serving. Anyway, you can make your own sausage macaroni depending on how you feel like or what exact amount of ingredients do you prefer according to taste. I’m sure every one of us who regularly cooks at home at some point prepares the meal without any measurement.
- Cooked macaroni
- Cooked Sausage, sliced or diced
- Tomato sauce
- Garlic, onions to sauté
- Ground pepper and salt to taste
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven into 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sauté garlic and onions in enough oil until just cooked – translucent onions.
- Add the sliced sausage, toss and immediately add tomato sauce because you don’t want to overcook the sausage.
- Add some water when necessary just to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked macaroni and mix with the sauce.
- Remove from the pan and transfer into baking dish.
- Top the sausage macaroni with grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese according to your preference.
- Bake for 5- 10 minutes or until the cheese melts with lightly brown color.
- You can serve this with garlic bread on the side.