One time, I crave to eat inihaw na talong just as we usually do in the Philippines. But, I would like to avoid the hassle of grilling in an oven, so I decided to fry it instead in sunflower oil. You can also use canola oil or olive oil as desired because eggplant eat up a lot of oil on frying.
- sunflower oil – for frying
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to season
The quantity is based on how you like each ingredients compliment each other. Make sure you have enough eggplant to stand out from tomatoes and onions.
- Fry the sliced eggplant in sunflower oil until done.
- Let cool and remove most of the skin, then slice or roughly chop.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes as per desired thickness.
- Toss onions, eggplants and tomatoes with lemon juice.
- Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Allow to stand in the fridge for a few minutes before serving, so as the flavors will come out.