Coconut milk is used in various Filipino dishes. We oftentimes cook ginataan in meat, chicken and fish. One fish that I think best cooked in coconut milk is tanigue. I tried this recipe using powdered coconut milk and dissolved in water for convenience. I add some chilli powder to have some heat. The recipe might not be that special but I hope this can be satisfying for difference in the usual everyday meal.
2 slices of tanigue
1 cup of coconut milk
1 small onion sliced
1 thumb ginger strips
3 cloves of garlic pounded
slices of green bell pepper
1 small lemon
1 medium piece of potatoes quartered
cooking oil for frying
- Season the tanique slices with ground pepper and salt, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Fry the tanigue slices until golden brown.
- Sautee ginger, garilic and onion in a casserole.
- Add the coconut milk and let simmer.
- Add the potatoes and allow to cook. Add water as necessary.
- Add the fried tanigue and let simmer until cook.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with hot rice.