Homemade Chicken Embutido Low Fat Alternative
Preparing and cooking your own chicken embutido at home is a bit tedious but no need to worry much. You will need some time getting ready the ingredients like mincing your carrots and other ingredients. This homemade chicken embutido uses no much fat, so can be considered a healthy food.
If you’re always on the go, you can keep a batch and store in your fridge. You can just reheat in your microwave oven when needed.
Beef or pork is the common main ingredient for a meat loaf or embutido. In this recipe of homemade embutido, we will use chicken breast fillet ground or finely minced that is considered a low fat option – no skin or chicken fat included, all lean white meat. To make sure an all chicken embutido is prepared, use chicken luncheon meat or sausage instead.
Your homemade chicken embutido is best served with rice or as side dish with your favorite vegetables or salad. Previously, we prepared a homemade tocino using chicken breast fillet as a healthy alternative.
Ingredients: You can modify amount of each ingredient as you preferred.
- 1/2 kg chicken breast, finely minced (or you can buy ground chicken breast)
- 1 cup chicken hotdog or luncheon meat diced
- 1 medium carrots minced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese, cut into small squares
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onions minced
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Divide the mixture into 3 portions and put each portion in square aluminium foil.
- Roll each portion to form a round tube or log approximately 2-3 inches diameter.
- Seal ends to make sure no leaks when baking.
- Bake into preheated oven 200 degrees Celsius in a water bath.
- Make sure to put the rolled embutido on top of a grill – below is the water bath.
Allow to cool before storing inside the refrigerator.
Prior to serving, you can reheat in a microwave or fry in small amount of sunflower oil under low heat.