Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe for Your Kids
If you’re fed up buying those frozen chicken nuggets available in your typical grocery, here’s one recipe that is easy to prepare and requires basic recipe. The ingredients may be readily available in your kitchen so there will be no need for extra shopping. For sure, every kid in your family will love this homemade chicken nuggets for breakfast or snacks. Even adults can enjoy this too. Typically, Filipinos likes to eat this with rice and mayo dip on the side.
I asked one of my friends in Facebook who happens to be my office mate when I was working in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. She seems to be enjoying her new found ‘career’ at home cooking for her family. Without hesitation, she gave me this recipe she learned from her cooking lessons. I am very thankful for this recipe and this is in addition to the series of recipes I will feature – recipes that I ‘oblige’ my friend to share to me, or maybe they are too shy to resist. I fondly call them as Featured Foodies.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet (cut into small pieces like ground chicken meat)
- 500 g potato (boiled and mashed)
- 2 pcs chicken cubes – dissolve in 2 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 pc egg
- 2 cups Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- Prepare baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If not available, brush the baking sheet with shortening.
- Now, combine all the ingredients except bread crumbs.
- Mix until well distributed.
- Using a tablespoon, shape the mixture into single, equal-sized nuggets.
- Coat each nuggets with bread crumbs, and put them on to your baking sheets.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Bake the nuggets for 10 minutes only just to partially cook them.
- After baking, you can fry the nuggets in oil and serve.
- To store, allow to cool first before you put into a container and place in the freezer.
For this recipe, you can make up to 80-90 nuggets depending on your size preference.