Low-Fat Microwave Cornbread in 3 Minutes or Less
I am fond of eating muffins in various flavors and most especially, I like corn muffin. Having heard about cornbread bibingka of The Park’s Finest in Los Angeles, California being popular, I wonder how a cornbread is being made.
Well, cornbread is popular in the America, especially in Southern United States. How come it is being called cornbread where it actually uses baking powder as leavening agent? I may be used to knowing that breads are typically made with yeast in adding volume. But anyway, that may be there are also called banana bread and so on and so forth.
If you are wanting to try to cook cornbread the easiest way, why not try this cornbread recipe cooked in a microwave. That is easy and so trendy nowadays. Preparation will take you 1-2 minutes and actual microwave cooking can even take you 2-3 minutes depending on size of the container.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp corn meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1 pc medium size egg
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil (canola oil can also be used)
- Mix altogether dry ingredients in a bowl making sure each ingredients are well distributed.
- Combine all liquid ingredients except oil and add into dry ingredients.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add or fold the oil into batter.
- Pour in a microwavable container with enough space for the batter to expand. For a single container, use a bowl approximately 8 to 10 inches diameter.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. If you prefer to use small sized container like single serve coffee or tea cup, cooking is even less.
- This cornbread is best consumed immediately after microwave cooking.