Oregano Flavored Baked Vegetables
When you want to have a variety of cooked vegetables to eat, try these baked vegetables of a slightly different flavor. Here, we will use oregano for a different taste that will give aromatic to slightly bitter taste but will warm your tongue. Oregano is usually used to flavor chicken and pizza by Italians. You can add any vegetables of your choice like zucchini, mushrooms, cauliflower among others. Then, when serving you can add this vegetables on your main dish as a side dish for any meat, fish or chicken. These baked vegetables can also be a good health food for people who are trying to control their weight. This meal will make you diversify from your usual bland diet meals.
2 medium carrots, cut diagonally
1 large potato, cut diagonally
1 large sweet green bell pepper, cut diagonally
1 medium onions, cut into rings
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
5-10 rounds freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put all the cut vegetables on a plastic bag.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt, ground black pepper and oregano.
- Shake the bag with seasoned vegetables until well coated.
- Arrange the vegetables on a baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes until vegetables are tender and slightly brown.