Perfect Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Baking a lemon cheesecake is very simple even for first timers in the cooking world. This article is dedicated to help you learn how to bake the perfect lemon cheesecake.
Lemon cheesecake is better served chilled so it should be baked a day ahead before serving. Preparation of lemon cheesecake can take anywhere between around 15 minutes and 70 minutes to cook so prepare your time for this.
- 14 ounce of fat-free sweetened strong milk
- 2 eggs
- 375g of cream cheese (must be at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice or a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- A tablespoon of vanilla
- Half cup of egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
Make sure that you have all the above ingredients and required equipments before you start. Ensure that all the ingredients required are at room temperature before starting.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and then after a few minutes or so reduce it to 325 degrees.
- Prepare yourself a 20.5cm spring form pan. Brush your pan with butter to grease it lightly.
- Break crumbs into a food processor to make your base.
- Add sugar to your pulse till it is evenly blended.
- Add your egg white mix till it is moistened.
- Mix your crumbs and cinnamon in a bowl then add butter and pulse till its well combined.
- Ensure that all the crumbs are coated in butter.
- Allow your crumbs to cool while adding the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese which are at room temperature.
- Sprinkle in the cornstarch carefully making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Add lemon juice, egg substitute and vanilla and mix them smoothly.
- Pour it on your pan making sure it doesn’t go over the edge of the pan.
- Incase bubbles appear on the surface run a knife through the lemon cheesecake and burst any bubble.
- If you would like your lemon cake to have a an extra filling, spray it with a non stick spray and continue baking for 40 minutes.
- Check after 30 minutes to ensure everything looks ok.
- Bake your cake for 40-45 minutes until the edges are brown or tiny cracks start appearing on the edges. Make sure the center of your cake doesn’t jiggle when you shake your pan. If it does it may require a few more minutes.
- Turn of your oven and allow your lemon cheesecake to cool for at least 45 minutes in the oven.
- Transfer it to a wire rack and cool fully, then chill it in your fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
Tip: Serve with creme on the top for aesthetics and the extra taste!
That’s it. This is great way on how to bake a very delicious lemon cheesecake.
About the Contributor: Joe Taylor is a UK writer, guest blogger, SEO and Internet Marketer.