Philippine Green Mango Salad with Baked Shrimps
Most recipes of green mango salad you can find on the Internet are mainly based on Thai cuisine. In most Asian countries, green mangoes are added in many types of dishes. It can also be prepared into chutney or pickles and be eaten as a side dish or as a salad.
Here’s one recipe of green mango salad prepared in a unique Filipino way. We’ll add tomatoes to reduce the tartness of the mango and salted egg to taste.
1 big green mango
1 big salad tomato
2 salted eggs
6 pcs shrimps, peeled and deveined
fish sauce and sugar to taste
- Season the shrimps with salt and pepper and bake or heat on skillet with small amount of butter or oil. Set aside after cooking.
- Slice the mango and tomato into strips. Toss with fish sauce and sprinkle with sugar.
- Roughly slice the salted eggs.
- Arrange the mango and tomato mixture in a plate then top with salted eggs and baked shrimps.
- Chill in the refrigerator for few minutes before serving.