Rosemary Chicken Breast Fillets With Caramelized Apples
If you’ve got spare apples in your fridge and about to stale, wait no more. You may include apples in your everyday dishes like pork, fish or chicken. This recipe usually includes pork as the main meat ingredients, but we’ll replace this one with chicken breast fillets.
You may like this combination of flavor of chicken infused with rosemary and the caramelized apples. The meal is somehow low-fat because we will be using chicken breast and olive oil in replace of butter. Chicken breast is also preferred to use for processed chicken recipes like chicken nuggets.
- 500 g chicken breast fillets about 3-4 pieces
- Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rosemary (dried or fresh)
- 1 medium onions, diced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp all purpose cream
For the Caramelized Apples:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium apples, cored and cut into slices
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Juice of half lemon
- Towel dry your chicken breast fillets, then season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Also rub with rosemary.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- While waiting for the chicken, get ready the caramelized apples.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Immediately add the apples.
- Sprinkle the sugar until distributed.
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown.
- Splash the lemon juice to the caramelized apples and set aside.
- Now, heat the frying pan, then cook the chicken fillets on both sides until golden brown.
- Now, on the side of the pan while cooking the chicken, sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the flour until cook, then immediately deglaze with water or chicken stock.
- Spoon the cream and allow to mix with the rest of the ingredients on the pan.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes and sauce well blended with the chicken.
- Add the caramelized apples and turn off the heat.
Serve while hot with your favorite side dish of steamed vegetables or baked potato or steamed rice.