Squid Adobo with Sauteed Tomatoes
Wanting not to waste ingredient leftovers from previous cooking, I have sliced tomatoes, onions and onion spring, I want to incorporate them in my squid adobo.
1/2 kg squid medium sizes
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
For the tomato topping:
2 medium tomatoes, saute in onions and seasoned with fish sauce
- Clean the squid, remove the black ink sac. Remove the skin and slice across.
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil, then add the squid immediately.
- Add the soy sauce and vinegar. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppercorns and bayleaf, then immediately remove from heat.
- Remove the squid meat from the sauce, then let the sauce boil more until thickens.
- In a separate pan, sauté the onions and tomatoes, season with fish sauce and sugar to taste.
- Serve the adobo squid topped with sauteed tomatoes.
The sweet taste of sautéed tomatoes will complement the salty taste of adobo sauce.