Tofu with Sautéed Ground Pork in Tausi (Tokwa’t Baboy With Tausi)
Here’s one recipe of tofu that you can cook to add variety to your daily meals. Tofu or bean curd, and popularly known in the Philippines as tokwa can be cooked in various ways. The most common is frying the tofu until light golden brown on the outside and silky soft on the inside.
In this recipe, we topped the cubed fried tofu with ground pork in tausi. Tausi on the other hand is a fermented black beans.
6 pcs of tofu (tokwa)
1/2 kg ground pork
1 pack (100g) tausi (black beans)
1 small size onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 thumb size ginger, sliced
1 medium sized lemon (juice)
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup of water
2 tbsp corn starch, dissolve in 1 cup of water
1. Fry the tofu according just right, until light golden brown.
2. In a separate pan, saute ginger, garlic and onions and add the ground pork.
3. Let the pork be cooked for while.
4. Add the tausi, soy sauce, lemon juice and water.
5. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the corn starch with water.
7. Allow to cook more.
8. Top the ground pork with tausi on the cubed tofu in a bowl.
9. Serve hot.