Tuna Pasta with Wansuy – Riyadh version
Having been tasted wansuy in various Asian cuisine like Hainanese Chicken , I started to like the flavor that it imparts. Moreover, wansuy is usually used to flavor sauces for fish recipes. I’ve been cooking my tuna pasta with wansuy in various different occasions.
A few people also tasted it and so far, I’ve got no bad comment. This is just a re-post of my recipe that I did few years back.
- 1/2 cup olive Oil
- 5-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 kg Pasta, fettuccine or any flat pasta
- 1 kg ripe large tomatoes diced, unseeded
- 1 can 425 g tomato sauce
- 2 cans 200 g premium/solid/chunks tuna, in brine
- Fresh Wansuy
- Dried Oregano
- Cayenne or Chili powder (optional)
- Iodized salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. Heat olive oil in pan, add garlic and onions and sauté for a few seconds
3. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried oregano and a pinch of salt, and freshly ground pepper. Simmer for 5-10 minutes in low heat or until tomatoes are cooked. Add water if the sauce gets too thick.
4. Add drained tuna and simmer for few minutes.
5. Remove from fire, add chopped fresh wansuy and cover.
6. Season with salt and pepper to desired taste. Add chili as desired.
7. Serve on top of cooked pasta. Garnish with chopped fresh wansuy.